By Alan on Jan 31 in Blog tagged ave maria university, Boy Scouts, BYU, chastity, children, Defense of the family, discipling of children, eternal destiny, freedoms, God, government, Happiest, Jesus Christ, kids without parents, LDS, lesbian, mother and father, Natural law, parents, Princeton University, The Family, the way, wheatley instituition | 7 Comments
Happiest Are Parents Who Need Children Who Need Parents.
Created By: Alan Osmond
Instead of looking at the happiness impact of parents without kids, we need to look at the happiness impact on kids without parents!
I had the most interesting day as Suzanne and I went to a conference about “Defense of the Family” , with Natural Law Perspectives. It was held at the Hinkley Alumni and Visitors Center at Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah. The conference was hosted by Richard Williams of the Wheatley Institution with professors from BYU’s School of Family Life, Catherine R. Pakaluk , assistant professor of business and economics from Ave Maria University, Paul Kerry, professor of history at Brigham YOung University, Brad Wilcox, director of the National Marriage Project, University of Virginia, Robert P George, Professor of Jurisprudence, Princeton University and Lawrence Jacobs from the World Congress of Families plus several other professors and experts on The Family.
It was rewarding to listen and to know that much research and studies have been made and continue in support of ‘The Natural Family” which as the scripture says gives us “the reason for the hope that is within me.“
- We learned and confirmed that “family is the stabilization of the civilization” and is “the Mother source” for happiness; that a stable family supports the stability of our nation and that the more married men you have, the fewer crimes there would be.
- Yes, freedom supports the family structure. The family is in danger when governments restrict one’s freedoms.
- The family is God’s garden with the seeds of a mother and a father. To ruin the roots to one’s garden would be ‘the cutting off of our roots’!
- Discipline of children comes from within the family.
- The church is a structure that helps save he family from destruction by the state.
- Love is an act of free will with a husband and wife sharing everything without undo calculation but as a gift to others.
- Fidelity is the source of continued happiness.
- Children are the gift that strengthens the marriage.
I had just heard on television this morning from interviews with some lesbian women that ‘the family is okay without the father’! That greatly concerned me until this conference supported my beliefs as we discussed that the world of ‘modernization’ is trying to give birth to oneself which is impossible. God only knows what can be done to help this situation!
I am so thankful that my church, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, solemnly proclaim that marriage between a man and a woman is ordained of God and that the family is central to the Creator’s plan for the eternal destiny of His children.
- The family is ordained of God.
- Marriage between man and woman is essential to His eternal plan.
- Children are entitled to birth within the bonds of matrimony, and to be reared by a father and a mother who honor marital vows with complete fidelity.
- Happiness in family life is most likely to be achieved when founded upon the teachings of the Lord Jesus Christ.
- Successful marriages and families are established and maintained on principles of faith, prayer, repentance, forgiveness, respect, love, compassion, work, and wholesome recreational activities.
- By divine design, fathers are to preside over their families in love and righteousness and are responsible to provide the necessities of life and protection for their families.
- Mothers are primarily responsible for the nurture of their children. In these sacred responsibilities, fathers and mothers are obligated to help one another as equal partners.
- Disability, death, or other circumstances may necessitate individual adaptation. Extended families should lend support when needed.
- We are warned that individuals who violate covenants of chastity, who abuse spouse or offspring, or who fail to fulfill family responsibilities will one day stand accountable before God.
- Further, we warn that the disintegration of the family will bring upon individuals, communities, and nations the calamities foretold by ancient and modern prophets.
In the 1830′s to 1860′s, families from all over the world came to America to strengthen the family. Our future is stronger with the proclamation to the world for the family where marriage is being between a man and a woman, and The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints plus other humanitarian organizations like The Boy Scouts of America, that all help keep the family from going backwards, as history of civilization shows towards destruction!
Suzanne and I are grateful to be involved in strengthening families as our eight sons are living proof that it works.
We are so thankful for the little hugs and kisses from our grandkids and to see our eight sons happily married and loving their wives and families. This is a great and dreadful day in which we live but, we are the ones that get to decide which way we live; ‘the way of everlasting darkness or the way of eternal life’. We choose the way of eternal life with love in our home and pray that you and yours will choose to have the same!
For The Family
We are trying hard at such a time as this to publish truth that strengthens the world, our nation, marriage, and the defense of the family. Please tell your families and friends to join us.